Three Weapons

Hand of God
Since the dawn of human civilization, man has possessed some sophisticated yet possible ideas that shaped the world we live in today. Mankind – through the advances of technology – literally created things to patronize society’s needs and wants. From the first wheel to a lightbulb, from an abacus to a calculator, from an ordinary glider to the first airplane – are some of the famous inventions that up to now man are living with.

Technology is dynamic, so as the planet. There are things man invent to support life and to create life. Medicines to aid people who are sick. Surgeries to extend one’s life. Operations to save someone’s life. All of these are the best examples of what technology can do to us. It benefits us. It nourishes us. And ultimately, it saves us.

But what if... What if in one point in this era, another world war erupts? What if in all the possible things to happen, mass killings will emerge? And all of this happened by the hand, not of God, but of an ordinary people like you? What if the person is ME?




"Nuclear Strike" (4 out of 5 stars)
real world weapon

I asked my brother earlier today if what comes into his mind if he suddenly hears the phrase, “Weapons for Mass Destruction”. With no hesitations in mind, he eagerly answered Nuke. Why yes. Nuclear missiles – or simply a Nuke – can wipe out a particular area as soon as it is dropped of by a plane or by detonating it. Throughout history, perhaps the most popular nuclear attack happened back in the days of the World War II where "Little Boy" and "Fat Man" were dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki which killed hundred of thousands of people. Not only that, the natives who survived the blast later experienced the terror of radiation. Falling hairs, some organ side effects, are the most common aftermath of a radiation meltdown or outbreak. One may have been able to survive the blast of a nuclear warhead but the side effects, afterwards? It is a different story. Simply put, one shall die in a slow but painful death. 

Man: "We survived the blast! Thank the heavens above! Jesus, thank you. Amen to that. Amen."
Woman: "Well the Geiger Counter tells us a +1k reading in this area.  What does it mean, anyway? Looky here."
Man: "Oh shit... " and runs away..


"G.E.N.E.S.I.S." (5 out of 5 stars)
~ fictional weapon


It's no Genesis. It's Revelations.
Of all the weapons I read and fantasize to have, this particular cannon would be it. As seen first in the anime` Gundam Seed (2004), Gamma Emission by Nuclear Explosion Stimulate Inducing System or simply GENESIS is a superweapon made by the Coordinators (genetically altered humans living in the outer havens of earth, in particular PLANT) to destroy all Naturals (ordinary humans) residing on Earth to end the war. Using gigantic mirrors to harvest and use gamma ray beams, the force of a single fire of illuminating light can obliterate all things on Earth. Like Star War's Deathstar, GENESIS was designed to kill a planet, meaning, leave no one behind. With intense radiation that can permeate solid matter and break it down to molecular structures, this wonderful device can kill a planet in no time.

Genesis 1:3 "And God said, "Let there be light" and there was light.



"Religion" (A shocking 6 out of 5 stars)
~ ah okay... 


 I'm not a religious one. All I can say is that religion is like a virus in the world. Too many religious beliefs. Many do's and so many dont's. They always do things over and over again like, for instance, the Catholic Church. Sit. Stand. Pray. Sit. Stand. Kneel. Stand. Pray. Sit. They're like robots. And what's the essence of having every hour of mass during Sundays? I can't see the point of it. It's very illogical and so upsetting. Why religion is included in this list is simply because of power to command to others with no doubts in their hearts. They look like fools to me. I literally see them like as one of that. Obey what the priest said because it is no other than the word of God, the Creator. Holy macro! *sigh* In the light of this topic, they will be my slaves. "Hey kid, do as I command as God commanded". Pretty easy, huh? Dogmatic perception? It's up to you. Give me some money for tithing because the Holy Scriptures tells about tithing. And so they'll obey me like a cable TV or a cellphone perhaps. All is easy when it comes to religion. LOL.

I once watched an interview of a priest on the TV and it's about the Reproductive Health Bill in the Philippines. He said a verse in the Bible where God said to humans to cherish life and multiply. That's what their faith stands for. But what about him, as an individual -- a practical individual who thinks critically and intelligently -- will he still answer the same?


I chose all these weapons, well, only because they occurred in my mind earlier. I actually wrote about eight of these things but managed to concise it into three. Still, you might wonder why I wrote this. What if I or even you can have this some kind of power to have these things. Will you use them? Of course, that'll be a two-sided case like a coin. But the most important question will be, Why? Why will you do it? For what purpose? Or do you really have a purpose? If you'll ask me, my answer will be another question. Why not?


Thank you for reading, dear reader.







____________________________

(I dunno if this piece of paper mean anything to you or to others. I just wrote what's on my mind today. Sorry if it is not well polished. I really wanted to write. I really do.)

¡Tweet!

7 comments:

xtreme_sydburn

Great read bro. If I were to be asked what 3 weapons I like to have; wisdom, great wealth and of course faith. For me this is the perfect formula for counter-defense.

I have an alternative though; Super-ultra-mega fast healing factor, ability to fly and invisibility. - Marvel style yeah!

I thought of becoming invincible but I don't want to be immortal, I would still like to be a human but with superhuman abilities. If that is the case, I think I would like to be reborn again and again and again but with different personalities. That would be cool.

Vallarfax

Thanks for reading bro! ^_^

I like your first three. Who doesn't want money, right? Hahahaha!

About the marvel abilities, you rock! It's like having a super-speed regeneration abilities with an ability to fly and become unseen in a blink of an eye. Sounds invincible to me. =)

Hindi ka mahahabol ni Buhawi (Miko) 'pag ganun ka. Hahahaha! Cheers!

Anonymous

What and if are simple words as it may seem, but can change your whole life..haha, honestly.. I tried to understand your point of view.. I even read it several times... Im sorry dear.. All i can say is, your article is superb within its structure... Very well said. But dont over generalize.

Vallarfax

Lea, dear.

It's just an article. An idea that literally popped in my mind yesterday. Sorry if it offended you in some way.

Thanks for reading, though.

Anonymous

haha, eto b ung snabe mo n wag akong bias?,, haha, pardon me.. Alam mo naman ako.. Hahaha.. hala cge...

Keep on writing.

In any way... Words are really powerful...
Hope you get what i mean.

Have a nice day

Anonymous

Jesus can/will save you from eternal burning hell fire, IF you ASK Him to.

Vallarfax

^Have you ever been in that so-called "eternal burning fire"? I don't think God will punish me for saying what's in my head.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Post a Comment

:)

Search

 

Followers

Iifa Tree Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger